Samsung Galaxy M31s: Good value for money?
For the past few years, Samsung Galaxy M series of smartphones have received a lot of love and we have seen Samsung make deep inroads into the budget and mid-segment of the market with this series of phones that primarily focuses on impressing with its mammoth battery, minimalistic design, and beautiful displays.
Late in July, Samsung added to this line-up by announcing the all new Galaxy M31s. This new smartphone comes as the successor to the Galaxy M31, which was launched only a few months ago. The Galaxy M31s brings a number of new features like a glasstic body that looks and feels great, a vibrant 6.5” hole-punch Super AMOLED display, a 64MP (Sony IMX682) primary camera that replaces a similar one made by Samsung and faster 25W wired charging.
Samsung Galaxy M31s specifications:
- Display – 6.5” FHD+ Super AMOLED
- Quad Rear Cameras – a 64MP primary lens, a 12MP ultrawide lens with 123° field of view, a 5MP macro lens and a 5MP depth sensor
- Front Facing Camera – 32MP primary lens
- Software – One UI 2.0 based on Android 10
- Chipset – Exynos 9611 CPU and Mali-G72 MP3 GPU
- RAM – 6 / 8 GB
- Storage – 128 GB
- Battery – 6,000 mAh with 25W fast charging
- Others – 3.5mm headphone jack, side-mounted fingerprint sensor and reverse charging
- Colors – Mirage Blue and Mirage Black
The Samsung Galaxy M31s has a lot going for it. The phone brings a massive display, which looks and performs quite well too. There’s also a huge 6,000mAh battery and 25W fast charging to complete the package. And if you were still left unsure, the phone also impresses with its quad camera system that’s equipped to get the job done under all scenarios.
Yet, Samsung’s decision to launch the phone with the Exynos 9611 SoC seems as if it has taken a step backwards amidst all the steps that it has taken forward and while the chipset is still quite competent, the fact that this very chipset is available on much cheaper smartphones from the same company is quite a big drawback in itself. So, at the starting price of ₹19,499 the Samsung Galaxy M31s may feel like a good value for money when we don’t consider the competition it has got to deal with.
Check my other posts here.